Today was a fun a day, from service up until to after youth fellowship. I learned a lot from today that recently I have been struggling with, lately I’ve been over thinking about how people would see me. How they see me as a person, and today I felt as if God was talking to me and here some of His words that spoke to me.
- Oppositions are inevitable. No matter how willing you are to do that specific goal of yours, oppositions will always be there to pull you down. What really matters here is how you respond to the oppositions that you will face. It’s either you let it destroy you or challenge you.
- My recent reactions when opposition comes in my way, I show my face of weakness or my spirit of being unmotivated and I’ve come to realize that in how I react on it, I am letting them win over me.
- The Lord will fight for you. No matter what happens, the Lord will be there for you. As it has been said in Nehemiah 4:14 “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” Never be easily turned down by the sharp words of the enemies because it is the working of satan. Keep holding on to God’s words. (kapit ka lang skanya haha :))
- Lastly, in times of opposition like this. Pray about it to the Lord, to strengthen you. For when you are doing the task that Lord is giving you, the Lord will sustain you. Because He knows that you are doing it for His glory. Take heart and believe in what He can do in your life. Pray and submit every plan that you have to him and he will take care of the rest.
- Fear of man is a feeling of anxiety and anguish regarding what others think about us. Stop focusing on what others are thinking about you. You are pleasing God not the people around you. In thinking what others are thinking about you, it is not them who is experiencing the unending burden in your heart. It’s you. So redirect your focus to the Lord only.
- When you experience peer pressure be reminded on how the Lord sees you. You do not need to conform on their ways just so can be one of the so-called cool kids. you can be a cool kid with doing the right things. Be the cool kid that the lord wants you to be, after wall, He’s the one who we meed to please and not the people around us.
- Stop saying “yes” to everyone and then saying “no” to God. Why do we easily say “Yes” to people even if we know that what they are asking is against to what God wants us to do. Then say no to God whenever he wants us to do something that can glorify Him. We should be doing the other way around people, when we are facing times the struggle of always saying “yes” to people. Close your eyes then ask God for wisdom. Ask if what they’re asking you is worth your “yes”. Practice saying “No” too.
- Just because everyone is going to the same way you should go with it too. Go to the other way and explore. Find the way which glorifies the Lord more.
- Lastly, here are some of the practical ways to avoid Peer pressure. (1) Pray for confidence – To be able to go to the other way around and be able avoid what can dishonor the Lord. (2) Choose your friends – There’s this saying. Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are. so choose you group of friends. (3) Be creative – You do other things that can make your more creative than doing what people usually do that’s wrong.
So to therefore conclude, as what I’ve been struggling lately. There will always be oppositions, there will always be problems which can cause you to self destruct. But always redirect your eyes to the Lord. I also am being reminded that whatever happens as long as im doing things for the Lord, the Lord will be the one who’s going to fight for me. I just have to always run back to Him. For He will be the one to equip me in the trials that I will face. So, Keep on praying. Do not be afraid, The Lord is with you. He is going to be with you in the journey that you are going. Have faith!
Have a nice week! God bless!